Hunting Film Tour Film Submission Guidelines
All entrants must fill out the online submission form below. Only electronic online submissions will be considered and/or accepted.
Submit Teasers and Shorts via the online form below. If you are chosen you will be contacted to submit a full length Rough. (either way, we will contact you to discuss your entry and thank you for your submission)
Key submission milestones prior to HFT launch date:
- Rough Teaser – by March 1st for review and selection
- Rough Feature – by April 1st for review and discussion
- Final Teaser & Feature – by May 31st for HFT show reel compilation
Please Contact us with links to the teasers, all long formats will be submitted to the HFT on DVD or via electronic transfer.
SHORT FORM RULES
- All submission must be original content not released on DVD
- Entries cannot be in another Outdoor or Hunting Film Tour Festival being shown in North America
- All entries must have all copyrighted materials cleared and documented
Selected filmmakers will be entitled to the following:
- Film Teaser promotion on HFT website Trailers page
- Company logo or film maker photo displayed on HFT website
- Film Tour film submission description to be displayed on HFT website
- Film company or film maker biography to be displayed on HFT website
- Film company or film maker web address to be displayed on HFT website
- Film maker and film description to be mentioned in PR materials
- Film maker and film description to be used whenever possible on all magazine and news paper articles
- Profit sharing for eligible film submissions – ALL FINAL FILM MAKERS WILL RECEIVE COMPENSATION
- DVD downloads for purchase on the HFT iTunes Page
Entries must have a release date, copyright date or air date during calendar year, 2011, 2012 or 2014. Multiple entries will be accepted.
Entries received must include a completed Entry Form and copy of the film.
REQUIREMENTS FOR FILM SUBMISSION
Preferred submission length is 8 to 12 minutes maximum, make them as long as they are good – most films are usually best at 8 to 10 minutes. They must have a story with start middle and ending. Film submissions must be hunting related.
Final Submissions must include the following:
- 1. Fully edited film tour submission up to 12 minutes long
- 2. 20 second max end credits for film credits and sponsor mentions (Sponsor mentions must be at end of film in end credits only)
- 3. Teaser Trailer up to 2 minutes long to be uploaded on Vimeo
- 4. Film Maker photo or film company logo*
- 5. Photo stills from film (5 minimum)*
- 6. 500 word description of film**
- 7. 500 word film maker or company biography**
*(All Photos and stills must be submitted on DVD or email in print quality resolution & format, 300 DPI in JPG TIF or EPS)
**(Film description and filmmaker or company biography must be submitted as a typed word document .doc)
- HFT will be awarding compensation to film makers who are selected for the Hunting Film Tour program line up based upon the submission length, success of the tour and THAT meet the eligibility requirements.
- Submission eligibility for monetary awards
- Exclusive North American Hunting Film Tour rights during the tour through to August 1, 2016 as a submission to any hunting related non-private film events.
- All films that are selected for the Hunting Film Tour feature reel and are submitted exclusively to the Hunting Film Tour will receive compensation.
ACCEPTABLE SUBMISSION FORMATS
- Uncompressed file delivered on Hard Drive / Flash Drive
- HD quality – PRORESS 422 (or other HD Codec)
Each entry may not use any unauthorized copyright material including music images or film. If you have copyright material in your film you must be able to provide legal documentation of your permission of its use. Films with copyright material that do not provide this documentation will be disqualified. Each Film entered must be hunting related or orientated. Please preview your entries before shipping. Programs with time code or other defects will be disqualified.
No “Self Help”, “Instructional”,”How To”, “Lodge/Outfitter/Guide Service Promotion” films will be accepted.